INCLUDED!: Traditional Khmer wedding, Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Tonle Sap. Hotel, tour guide, meals, private car, entrance fees.
KHMER WEDDING ADVENTURE
5 days/4 nights
Day 1: Siem Reap Arrival
Guests will be greeted by our staff and driver, and taken to their hotel or private home in the village. The wedding ceremony will be celebrated at a private home in the village.
Day 2: The Ceremony
HOW IT WORKS: STEP-BY-STEP
Pithi Hae Chumnoun Ceremony (Bringing Presents for the bride’s family)
The groom will be escorted by his attendants (usually two men), his parents and his relatives to the bride’s house. The presents for the bride include flowers, fruit (between 10 – 30 kinds), Khmer traditional cakes, other kinds of cakes, soft drinks and more which will be brought by the groom and his escorts.
Upon arrival at the bride’s house, the groom and his attendants have to wait in front of bride’s house until she comes out and gives the greeting to the groom. The groom will give the flowers to the bride, then the groom and his escort will be allowed to enter the bride’s house.
Fruit Counting Song (sung by Khmer traditional singers – one male singer & one female singer)
The meaning of the song is to describe the names of all presents for the bride, particularly the fruit. The song also includes the other offerings to the bride. After that, the groom and his attendants wait for the Pithi ring exchange where the bride and groom will exchange rings.
Pithi Kat Sok (Symbolic Hair Cutting Ceremony)
The bride and groom sit on prepared chairs surrounded by their attendants. The parents of the bride and the groom, relatives, friends and honored guests will also be present at the ceremony. Then two singers dress in traditional Khmer costumes and sing a traditional song. This symbolic hair cutting ceremony is performed in the belief that all unhappiness will be cut off, and that it will bring wonderful happiness to the couple.
Pithi Leanng Cheung (Foot washing ceremony)
The bride cleans the feet of the groom. This is a symbol of respect. The wife must respect her husband, and the husband must be honest with his wife.
Pithi Sen (Ceremonial Prayer)
This ceremony is performed to pray to all their ancestors and gods to take care of this new couple.
Pithi Chorng Dai Ceremony
First, the groom is invited to greet the parents and elderly persons. A woman will bring the bride from her room to sit near the groom for this ceremony.
Pithi Preah Thoung Toung Sbay Neang Neak
The groom holds the bride’s Sbay (scarf), and follows her to enter her room.
End of ceremony
Day 3: Classic Tours - Angkor Temples
MORNING: After breakfast, experience your first breath at Khmer Temples by visiting the South Gate of Angkor Thom, Bayon - one of the most popular sites in the Angkor complex.
We then continue to Baphoun, Terrace of Elephants and Terrace of the Leper King. Lunch at a local Restaurant.
AFTERNOON/EVENING: We start the tour of Angkor Wat - one of the wonders of the world, which was built in the early 12th. Then, guests enjoy the sunset at Bakheng Mountain. Overnight stay in the hotel or village home-stay.
Day 4: Great Lake – City Tours
MORNING: After breakfast, we go on a scenic boat trip on the Tonle Sap Lake -the largest lake in Southest Asia. We'll visit a floating village.
AFTERNOON/EVENING: We visit the Siem Reap Old Market, Art Carving School, and silk farm. Overnight stay at the hotel or village home-stay.
Day 5: Siem Reap – Departure
Free time in Siem Reap until departure flight.
THE LEGEND OF THE KHMER WEDDING CEREMONY
The legend says that Preah Thong was the first King of Cambodia, and Nagi, the daughter of the King of Naga, was the first princess of Cambodia. Preah Thong offended his father and was exiled to the island of Koukthlouk. One night he saw a beautiful girl playing on the beach, and he immediately fell in love with her. But in order to marry her, Preah Thong had to go to her residence in the underground world of the kingdom of Naga. Being human, Preah Thom could not go there on his own, so young princess Nagi told him to hold on to her SBAI (a kind of open weave fabric made into a scarf) and follow her. Then they mysteriously descended into the ground. The King of Naga accepted Preah Thong as his son in law, and inhaled the sea to build their house and sent soldiers to enlarge the Kingdom of Kokthlouk. This new kingdom was called Cambodia.
Tour Code: TCT-CAM-015
- Accommodation with daily breakfast
- Transfer by air conditioned vehicle as indicated in the itinerary
- English speaking tour guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (half board)
- All entrance fees to see the mentioned sites
- Ticket for boat cruise on Tonle Sap Lake
- Cool mineral water and fresh towel during tours
- All expenses to perform the wedding ceremony (including authorized procedure from relevant authorities in Cambodia)
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Airport Tax and personal expenses
- Cambodia visa fee (visitors can obtain visa upon arrival, visa fee is USD20/Pax, 2 passport photos are required)
- Travel insurance and optional tours
- Other expenses are NOT mentioned above
#Trusted Cambodia Tours, the trusted deal for Cambodia holiday, situated in Siem Reap district, Siem Reap Province, Cambodia. Tel: 063 965 918/ Fax: 063 965 919. Cell phone: + 855 12 738 777
Siem Reap Tours
- Angkor Excursion - 4 days from $137
- THE HUMANITARIAN - 5 days from $192
- Angkor Wat & Floating Villages-5days - $286
- Siem Reap Tour Package 08day- from $286
- Siem Reap Tours & Charity - 5Days - from $192
- SIEM REAP IN-DEPTH - 6 days from $224
- SIEM REAP IN A HURRY- 2 days from $129
- Siem Reap Cycling & Homestay - 08days - Unforgettable!
- Siem Reap Classic Tours - 5days - from $286
- Siem Reap Classic Tours - 4Days - about $137
- Siem Reap Classic Tours - 07Days - from $259
- Siem Reap Classic Tour 06Days - from $224
- Siem Reap Classic & Countryside Tours- 05days - from $184
- Classic 002: Angkor In My Eyes - 03days - From $118
- ANGKOR EXPERT- 7 days from $259
- Angkor Dream - 3 days from $118
- HOLY MOUNTAIN ADVENTURE- 8 days from $286